THEi Sports Therapy
Sports therapy in HK was founded by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEI) in 2012. It is associated with the BSocSc (Hons) in Sports and Recreation Management (SRM) and aims at nurturing recognised and professional sports therapists with international accreditation to provide sports therapy services to athletes or sports lovers in different levels.
What is Sports Therapist?
- utilise sports and exercise principles to optimise performance, preparation and injury prevention programmes
- provide the immediate care of injuries and basic life support in a recreational, training & competitive environment
- assess, treat and, where appropriate, refer on for specialist advice and intervention.
- provide appropriate sport and remedial massage in a sport & exercise context
- plan and implement appropriate rehabilitation programms
Through studying in the Sports and Recreation Management with specialisation in Sports Therapy in THEI, students are required to study including but not limited to:
Who needs a Sports Therapist?
- if you look for preventing or you already have had sport injuries
- if your team wants someone who can provide pitchside / on-field
therapy support, daily injury prevention training, sport massage
and stretching, taping, and sport-specific conditioning.
- if your rehab clinic treat sports people but you want someone with
more knowledge in strength and conditioning, and sport
- if your fitness centre is rehabilitation orientated for injuries
prevention or advanced rehabilitation for preparing the return to